Ride with us on Saturday, September 6, 2014!
The ride starts and stops at:
Event Coordinator: Lorraine Dion
Delaware's 28th Annual Amish Country Bike Tour:
The state's largest and most fun cycling event -- will be Saturday, September 6, 2014, starts and stops at 411 Legislative Avenue in historic Dover, Delaware. Last year in 2013, 2,200+ cyclists from 25 states and England participated in the event. Register online by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 3, or at the event on Saturday, September 6 from 7-10 a.m. Cash or credit cards accepted.
- Early Bird Registration (before May 16): $40/adults; $20 ages 5-15; under 5, free
- May 17 - July 31: $50/adults; $25 ages 5-16; under 5, free
August 1 - September 6: $60/adults; $30 ages 5-16; under 5, free.
Includes bike tour map, giveaways, up to four food/rest stops including the famous "pie stop" at the Amish Schoolhouse AND the after-tour catered picnic!
Are you a Team Captain? To get your team registered at the ACBT Team Rates, email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions -- thanks!
Lodging Information for Amish Country Bike Tour Weekend
The following are hotel rates and information provided for the bike tour weekend. To obtain these rates, you must call in advance and let them know you are requesting the special Amish Bike Tour weekend rates.
- Finish Line Party at Home2Suites -- We're In! Reservations begin July 1! Stay at the newest and closest hotel to the starting line of the Amish Country Bike Tour! Park your car at check-in and never have to use it again until you’re ready to travel home! Located within walking and biking distance to Dover’s Historic District! Home2 Suites Package Includes: Standard King Suite with Queen sofa bed; Free Continental Breakfast with grab-and-go sandwiches; Finish Line After Party 5:30- 7:00 pm on Saturday September 6, 2014 At the backyard fire pit and grill. Friday September 5, 2014 and Saturday September 6, 2014 $139.00 + tax per night; Stay two nights and save! Friday and Saturday night for only $259.00 + tax. Hotel Features: Indoor Saline Pool, Media Room with a variety of game stations, Spin2 Cycle (combined laundry and fitness center), Home2 Suites Market, TGIF Restaurant on site, HHONORS Reward Points. We will begin taking reservations July 1, 2014. Please call 302 674 3300.
- Hampton Inn, Dover, 302-736-3500, $119
- Holiday Inn Downtown Dover, 302-747-5050, $119 Sat
- Holiday Inn Express, Dover, 302-398-8800, $109-$139
- Days Inn, Dover, 302-674-8002, $79
- Fairfield Inn & Suites, Dover, 302-677-0900, $129 & $149, Kings and Doubles
- Baymont Inn & Suites, Harrington, 302-398-3900, $99
- Comfort Inn & Suites, Dover, 302-677-0505, $134.99, 2 Queens
- Hilton Garden Inn, Dover 302-674-3784, $114, 2-night minimum
- Mainstay Suites, Dover, 302-678-8383, $104.99-$124.99
- Best Western Smyrna, 302-659-3635, $134.99 Double Queen, $97.99 King
Why do cyclists prefer the Amish Country Bike Tour?
You DO NOT have to raise funds or obtain pledges -- part of your registration fee is a contribution to five local community organizations including the Central Delaware YMCA. Plus, the producer of the event, Kent County Tourism, is also a non-profit community event, so all proceeds benefit great causes!
You DO NOT cycle on miles of major highways. The Amish Country Bike Tour is a tour of Delaware's historic capital city, scenic back roads, Amish communities, farmlands and orchard roads, as well as quaint small towns.
The event starts and stops on Dover's beautiful Legislative Mall where there's plenty of free parking -- that means there's no need to find a ride back to your vehicle. When you're done, you're ready to relax!
The bike tour, suited for all ages and abilities, includes 15, 25, 50, 62 and 100-mile loops through the flatlands of Delaware's Amish farmlands. Rest stops include the famous "Pie Stop" at the Amish Schoolhouse, where members of the Amish community and other volunteers serve locally-baked pies and cookies. Several additional food stops will be included, featuring healthy snacks, sandwiches and beverages. Following the tour, cyclists will be treated to a catered barbecue meal of pulled pork or chicken and all the trimmings, and vegetarian meals will also be provided.
Amish Country Bike Tour -- A See You Outside Event!
We're proud to be designated a "See You Outside Event" by Delaware Greenways and The Nature Conservancy in Delaware!
Other Local Rides and Cycling Resources:
- Ocean to Bay Bike Tour, Bethany Beach, Every April
- Broad Creek Byway Bike & Brew Tour, Laurel, DE, June 7, 2014
- Seagull Century, Salisbury, MD, September 27, 2014
- Wild Goose Chase, Cambridge, MD, Every October
- Wilmington Gran Prix, Wilmington, DE, May 16-18, 2014
- Bike Delaware
- Delaware Bike Council
- Sussex Cyclists
- White Clay Creek Bicycle Club
- Leap Frog Bicycle Tour, June 2014